WELCOME TO MY BLOG

FEEL FREE TO BROWSE AND ADD YOUR COMMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL ARTICLES AND PHOTOS HEREIN ARE AND REMAIN THOSE OF THE BLOGGER.

Friday, May 6, 2011

CARROT MARMALADE

 Looking through recipes with my mother we came across an old recipe of carrot jam that my grandmother used to make. She used to make the best fresh fig jam, persimmon jam I've ever had. She is long gone but her legacy still stands. Her legendary cookies were passed unto younger generations. She also loved to cook and her cooking was divine. As a child I used to sleep over at her house so that I could have those delicious jellies and cookies. Aah, I still remember the delicious aroma of toasting bread wafting from her kitchen and the nice table setting with all the goodies she prepared just for me.

Anyway so much for nostalgia, here is my adaptation of carrot jelly from her recipe:

3 Medium size carrots cleaned and grated
1 Large orange 
3 Cups of Sugar
1/4 Tsp ground cloves 
1 1/2 Cups of water
1 Tbsp lemon juice

In a large pot over medium heat place the grated carrots, sugar, cloves and water. Wash and zest the orange and add the zest into the pot. Remove  the remaining peel, pith and pits, if any, of the orange and dice it into smaller pieces and add to the pot. Stir  in lemon juice and boil for approximately 1-1/12 hours. After cooling blend everything with the infusion blender and place them in sterile jars. Voila, carrot marmalade.


No comments: