WELCOME TO MY BLOG

FEEL FREE TO BROWSE AND ADD YOUR COMMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL ARTICLES AND PHOTOS HEREIN ARE AND REMAIN THOSE OF THE BLOGGER.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

ASPARAGUS ROLL

 Last night while driving back home I was thinking about what I would prepare for supper. As we all know at this time of the year asparagus is at its best and I had some in the fridge. Let's see what else did I have in my refrigerator...???  
Oh, refrigerated biscuit dough, feta cheese and red peppers... Great.  I decided to try my own recipe.  My husband was very happy with the results and ate one half of the roll with accolades to the chef.... Here's my recipe for two (and remember: you'll put your salt and pepper according to your taste): 


      1 Bunch of Asparagus (10-12)
      1 Small onion finely chopped
      2 Tbsp olive oil
      1/2  Cup finely diced red pepper
      1/3 Cup chopped cilantro
      1 Cup Feta cheese
      1 Egg separated
      2 Scallions chopped
      2 Sheets of Puff pastry dough (I used 4 refrigerated biscuit dough-rolled out 1 1/2 inch thickness) .

Roll out the two sheets of dough separately on floured surface. Place one on a greased sheet.  Saute onions and asparagus in a pan until just soft. Set aside. In a medium bowl mash feta cheese and egg white with a fork and add all the other ingredients. Stir. With a spatula spread this mixture on the 1st piece of dough. Put the asparagus pieces side by side on top of this mixture. Cover it with the second sheet of dough, sealing each corner tightly. Brush with egg yolk and bake in  350 degree preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (or until it is golden brown). Enjoy..... and have a nice glass of  wine to wash it down...


No comments: