WELCOME TO MY BLOG

FEEL FREE TO BROWSE AND ADD YOUR COMMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL ARTICLES AND PHOTOS HEREIN ARE AND REMAIN THOSE OF THE BLOGGER.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

GINGER


My beloved dog GINGER died eight years ago in my arms. She was fourteen years old. I had her since she was six weeks old. I nurtured her to health when she came to us with a kennel cough (which is a terrible health condition she contracted at the kennel). Then I found out that she had a heart murmur. I was advised by the vet to return her to the place I got her from. I didn't. Instead I kept her and she became part of our family, as happy and healthy as she could be. She gave us many happy days with her smart ways but we also experienced many down days. In addition to her ailments, she had two cruciate ligaments repaired on her hind legs. Each time she bounced back to be herself again. In her last illness, her vet told us that she should be put to sleep. She was not in pain but just old the vet said. I asked him if he would put his loved ones to sleep if they were old. Then, I changed her vet. Her new vet gave us medicine that required weekly, sometimes daily visits to her office but Ginger was happy. She lived for two more months. The night before her demise my husband and I took turns by her bedside. In the morning she was breathing heavy I took her in my arms and whispered to her that she should let go and I would meet her again one day. She pulled herself away from me for a moment looked into my eyes, she almost had a smile on her face and gently rested her head on my chest. I then heard the last sigh out of her lips. She was gone. A friend who knew how much my Ginger meant to me gave me this tale which I've printed below. I have it in a frame on my desk. I read it almost daily and it warms my heart every time.
RAINBOW BRIDGE
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor, those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who they left behind. They all run and play together but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carry him faster and faster. You have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together....... Author Unknown.

No comments: