WELCOME TO MY BLOG

FEEL FREE TO BROWSE AND ADD YOUR COMMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL ARTICLES AND PHOTOS HEREIN ARE AND REMAIN THOSE OF THE BLOGGER.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

GARDEN FLOWERS


You could make a beautiful floral arrangement with your garden flowers. Just trim the flower stems under running water to keep them fresh longer. Running water stops air from getting into stems, thus making them stay fresh. If you stick the stems through the leaves of the other flowers you don't need a florist's sponge to keep them upright. Tie a pretty bow on a simple vase and voila' you have an expertly arranged bouquet.

I also dry cut lavender flowers in small vases with a pretty bows tied around their stems in different rooms all summer long. Once they dry I put the dried flowers in a small sachet bags and hang them either in my linen or dress closet. To retain their sweet scent longer I roll the bag gently between my palms.

The picture on the left is lavender, the picture on the right is lilac from the begining of the season. The lavender sachet next to the fresh cut flowers is made out of tulle. I thought the colors complemented my theme. Lilacs have sweet scent but they don't last long in vases. I've tried different methods to keep them longer unfortunately they have a short life span indoors.

No comments: