WELCOME TO MY BLOG

FEEL FREE TO BROWSE AND ADD YOUR COMMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL ARTICLES AND PHOTOS HEREIN ARE AND REMAIN THOSE OF THE BLOGGER.

Monday, January 30, 2012

CAULIFLOWER SOUP

I'm a soup person. What about you? Maybe you're like me. When the weather is cold outside I love to have a hot bowl of soup with a thick hardy bread slathered with butter.   Yesterday I made this nutritious,  aromatic belly warmer of a soup which my husband rated it 10+ on his scale!!!  (his scale is always favorable on my side). You'll try and let me know where your scale will be ( this soup is very easy to make).

1 Medium head of cauliflower;
2 Tbsp of olive oil;
1 Large clove of garlic whole;
1 Medium onion coarsely chopped;
1/4 Tsp Curry powder;
5-6 Cups of water (add more if needed)
*Salt and Pepper
Chopped parsley and paprika to sprinkle on top

Core the center stem and remove the green outer leaves of  cauliflower.
Place all ingredients in a large pot filling enough water to cover over top of the cauliflower. Boil until all vegetables are fork  tender. Turn of heat. Once its cooled, blend with a hand infuser or blender until smooth. Transfer back to a large pot (if using blender) to warm, sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Close your eyes and savor the smooth taste.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Mmmmmm no cauliflowers in my garden so I will have to wait until I buy vegetables again! I refuse to buy veg when I have plenty in the garden :)) Diane

Ivani said...

Sopa de couve-flor é realmente uma delicia!
Aqui apreciamos bastante!
Ótima semana.
Bjs
Ivani

MARCO PASHA said...

Dear Diane, I dopn't blame you for not buying vegetables when you have an abundant vegetable garden

Librarian said...

While I am not too keen on cauliflower (I prefer brokkoli), your soup sounds delicious, and yes, I'd call myself a soup person, too.