WELCOME TO MY BLOG

FEEL FREE TO BROWSE AND ADD YOUR COMMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL ARTICLES AND PHOTOS HEREIN ARE AND REMAIN THOSE OF THE BLOGGER.

Friday, September 19, 2008

SIDNEY POITIER

Sidney Poitier has been my all time favorite actor. I watched most of his movies with great pleasure. "To Sir With Love" came out when I was in high school, oh how I wished I had a teacher like him. I must have watched that movie five times. Another great movie was "Guess Who Is Coming to Dinner" . This one I've seen four times and each time I learned more about humanity and love as well as the discourse that some people bring to life. "The Defiant Ones" was another movie that he excelled in. Well what about "In the Heat of The Night"? Powerful movie. In "Cotton Comes to Harlem" he brought south to north with such power I cried most of the movie. In "Lilies of the Field" his charm engaged not only the nuns but me in the audience. There are so many other movies to remember, "A Raisin in the Sun""Edge of the City", "No Way Out". In all of his movies, what ever the theme might be, he was graceful and charming. He spoke in a very precise way, enunciated his words carefully. He had a boyish shyness about him that is very appealing. Recently I found out that now he is in his 80's and is a great grandfather. I guess years can pass quickly but greatness will always remain.

No comments: