WELCOME TO MY BLOG

FEEL FREE TO BROWSE AND ADD YOUR COMMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL ARTICLES AND PHOTOS HEREIN ARE AND REMAIN THOSE OF THE BLOGGER.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

MY FRIEND

We celebrated my friend's 100th birthday this month. I met her years ago when she was in her late 80's and I was younger than her youngest daughter.  Despite the age difference we  bonded immediately. I became her best friend, confidant and liaison to a younger world. She and I talked about fashion, hair,  make-up and about serious matters. She told me about her children, her husband and her life. Sometimes we cried together but mostly I made her laugh. I had a feeling that some of the stories she shared with me was not shared with anyone else.  After my bout with cancer I asked her if she had had a mammogram done. She told me she was too old for that. After one week of hounding her to see a doctor, she finally relented and went to get a  mammography. Her results were not good but it  was not too late. She was lucky enough to get diagnosed early. During her ordeal to uplift her spirits I told her that she and I'll dance at her 100th birthday to which she shrugged and said she didn't think so. I dared her and we made a pact that we would dance even if she was in a wheel chair. Since then she has travelled around the world and was on many cruises, shopped, drove her car until her arthritis stopped her. We keep in touch with each other over the phone most of the time. Her major complaint these days is her loss of hearing and she abhors hearing aids. Today she is still sharp as a tack and sweet as an apple pie.  At her birthday party we were seated with her physicians and we all agreed that  she was a very young 100 and has many more years in her. Oh, by the way I'm happy to report that  my dear friend  wasn't in a wheel chair at her birthday party and she and I  danced  amid all her children, grand children and great grandchildren. 

23 comments:

Diane said...

What a great story of someone who sounds like an amazing person. Please wish her a very Happy Birthday from me as well. Diane

las recetillas de romo said...

Alegra y emociona conocer a personas así.
Un abrazo

Librarian said...

How wonderful! Thank you for sharing this; friendship is so important, and I am glad you have such a special friend. Hopefully, you'll be able to celebrate many more of her birthdays!

Azzurra said...

mille e mille auguri per l'amica centenaria!

Al Cuoco! said...

100 years, Wow!! compliments!! how many things she could see in 100 years and how many she will see! fantastic! happy birthday to your dearest friend.

Una Semplice Passione said...

What a beautiful story of such an amazing friendship! How amazing that your friend turned 100!! Wow, she sounds like a great lady.

Suny Senabre said...

Te felicito por esta entrada tan bonita.

Un beso,

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story about you and your sweet friend,..so special! It is such a privilege if you can still dance when you just turned 100!
Enjoy this special bond!

Love,
Esther

MARCO PASHA said...

Hello Diane, thank you. I'll be talking to her tonight and I'll mention your well wishes to her

MARCO PASHA said...

Hello Romo, thank you.

MARCO PASHA said...

Hello Librarian, thank you she is a special lady and I hope she'll be around for a long time.

MARCO PASHA said...

Hello Azzurra, thank you, I wish all my friends will have a long and healthy life

MARCO PASHA said...

Hello Al Cuoco, nice to hear from you. Thank you. She talks about the changes she sees in times and people

MARCO PASHA said...

Hello Una Semplice Passione, thank you. I enjoy all my friends and try to be a good one.

MARCO PASHA said...

Hello Suny, thank you for stopping by. I always have room for friends

Hiperica di Lady Boheme said...

Complimenti per il bellissimo post!!!

Graal77 said...

No...100 anni?????Mi sembra una ragazzina....complimenti....e grazie mille per il dolce commento!!!!!!Buona vita e buon tutto!

Barafra said...

Oh, what a touching story about you and your friend. I hope that there will be still some more good years remaining for you both together :-)

MARCO PASHA said...

Thank you for visitin Graal77, she is very young looking

MARCO PASHA said...

Hello Barafra for her sake thank you

Salsa Verde said...

Amazing post and great homage to your friend. What an amazing age to beccelebrated, specially, with such friendship and kindness and you did!!!
Cheers,
Lia.

MARCO PASHA said...

Thank you Lia

MARCO PASHA said...

Thank you Lia