WELCOME TO MY BLOG

FEEL FREE TO BROWSE AND ADD YOUR COMMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL ARTICLES AND PHOTOS HEREIN ARE AND REMAIN THOSE OF THE BLOGGER.

Monday, July 29, 2013

JUST STOPPING BY


I'm just popping in to say hello to all my friends.  I've been away for a long time. Let me update you without being boring. During my absence I was busy taking care of my elderly parents, working and trying to keep everybody happy. I have two elderly parents. You may remember them from my previous entry when their house was flooded during  storm Irene two years ago. Dad has a PhD degree in engineering from Purdue University, Indiana. He is an accomplished man. He is and has been a very smart businessman all his life, but his Parkinson's disease, his advanced age and Alzheimer's disease are effecting his brilliant mind. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a petulant child yet at other times he appears to be his old brilliant self. He has not yet accepted his age and illnesses. He keeps telling me that he is capable of doing everything himself and doesn't need any help, a trait he had all his life. A few months ago his neurologist referred him for consultation with another doctor who turned out to be of no help, merely a pill pusher. He gave  my father such heavy medication that it would've killed a horse. Instead of getting better he was deteriorating. We changed doctors, medication and started afresh. It worked. He is now as lucid as he can be and enjoying his days.
While I was busy helping my father, my mother fell in her home and broke her right shoulder bone. This debilitating injury was followed by double pneumonia for which she was hospitalized twice, and entered a rehabilitation center. After returning home from rehab she then suffered a mini stroke.
My parents are doing much better now. However, my duties aren't finished yet. I'm  still going their house almost everyday before or after work or for an entire day.  They look forward to my visits.  



            These lovely butterflies have been visiting our garden this summer!

No comments: