WELCOME TO MY BLOG

FEEL FREE TO BROWSE AND ADD YOUR COMMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL ARTICLES AND PHOTOS HEREIN ARE AND REMAIN THOSE OF THE BLOGGER.

Friday, May 30, 2008

BABUSHKA DOLLS


I am sure you've seen these shiny, enticing Babushka dolls. They are usually made out of balsa wood. They embody five other little dolls that are hidden inside each other. They are so enticing that even the name doesn't deter you from looking at them. Babushka in Russian means grand-mother. They look like anything but a grandmother. I like these dolls for couple of reasons. One they remind me of my childhood, my uncle brought one back from his trip to Russia the other is they remind me of my interaction with people. There is much anticipation going on with these dolls, just like real life. From the outside it is just one doll, but you have to open it to get to the next one, and the next one... The outer shell is alluringly bright and you want to touch it and hold it, but what is inside??? What is the next one going to look like? Just like us. What hidden treasures do we have inside us? Does anybody bother to find out? Most of the time life connects us with the shiny outer shell and we do not go beyond that. But I like to look inside. I don't mind spending time. I like to find out. All the while I'm intrigued. It takes time and patience to get to the last one, because you have to experience the journey of finding out. It is time well spend, because you are getting to know and understand and finally you come to the end , the last piece, the last Babushka. It is just like us, we have so many layers if anybody wants to get to know us they have to see the real Babushka. Some choose not to go that deep. I choose to go deep, that's the only way I can truly say I know somebody. Once I get to know that person well, then at that point I can make an intelligent decision whether or not to continue the journey. Sometimes the journey ends there. But most of the time I find golden Babushkas to keep for a lifetime.
Happy Searches for a golden Babushka. I found many.......

No comments: