WELCOME TO MY BLOG

FEEL FREE TO BROWSE AND ADD YOUR COMMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL ARTICLES AND PHOTOS HEREIN ARE AND REMAIN THOSE OF THE BLOGGER.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

ONE WORLD

According to some people the world is getting smaller/closer through technology. If that is so wouldn't it be smarter to get to know who our neighbors are, where they came from, what their customs are and what we can learn from them? It is to my bewilderment that many people don't even know their next door neighbor. I know my neighbors. They are good people and I learn something every time I speak with them. They are also learning about me. We all come from somewhere and we all have something to offer to this society to our friends and neighbors even if they are not so friendly in the beginning. Some twenty two years ago when I moved into my house I waited for my neighbors to come and say hello to me. I baked cookies and was ready to make tea or coffee if anybody showed up. Well no body showed up, so I took my cookies to them. One neighbor was friendly, took the cookies and closed her door, other neighbor mentioned that she did not have anything to offer me. Well did you think these incidents deterred me?. Of course not. I invited them to my house for a barbecue. They came;I had the opportunity to get to know them better. Now when I come home, I have friends to whom I wave and say hello with warmth in my heart.

No comments: