WELCOME TO MY BLOG

FEEL FREE TO BROWSE AND ADD YOUR COMMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL ARTICLES AND PHOTOS HEREIN ARE AND REMAIN THOSE OF THE BLOGGER.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

NATURE'S WONDERS

Believe it or not these are mushrooms. I found them in my back yard. From a distance I saw something that looked like a big white ball. I thought it was my neighbor's soccer ball. I went to look at it closely, I could not believe my eyes. I had to call my husband to have him verify that what I saw was really a mushroom. We removed them from the ground with gloves and a shovel. The huge one measured 7" x 5". I did not measure the small one because it seemed so puny compared to the other. Later we found out that the large one is aptly named "Giant Puff Ball" or "Calvatia Gigantea". I couldn't identify the smaller one. The big one was attached to the ground with a cord like structure. My instincts immediately told me that anything this big cannot be edible, and anyone in their right mind should handle them with great care. After researching around I found out that I was right. Nevertheless it was an experience to behold.

No comments: